Getting Sponsors for Your Event, TV or Radio Program
*The event has already taken place on this date: Tue, 01/19/2021
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately.
- Learn the difference between in-kind and traditional sponsorships, and why each might be beneficial
- Discover what businesses would be considered “low hanging fruit” (good prospects) and why
- Get tips on approaching businesses to ask them for sponsorship
- Explore what information you should have before approaching a prospective sponsor
- Finding the “sweet spot” of what the prospect is looking for in exchange for sponsorship
- Discover how to keep them coming back as sponsors, year after year
This workshop will be taught by DeAnn DeLeon and Carol White Llewellyn. DeAnn has secured sponsorships for “The Ten,” a music video show she produces, and Carol has successfully secured sponsors for The 90-Second Newbery Film Festival, the Grassroots Radio Conference and numerous other events.
In this workshop, we will also cover what your responsibility is to WXIR if you secure a sponsor for your program.
The Securing Sponsorships and Underwriting one-night workshop will take place via Zoom on Tuesday, January 19 from 6 – 7:30 pm. This class is FREE to take, but advance registration is required.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.